Summer is the Best

The seasons keep changing throughout the year and come back every year. When summer rolls around it is my favourite time of the year, and there are so many reasons why summer is better the fall, spring, winter, and that’s what I am here to tell you about.

For me Summer is the best season because it has nice warm weather, and every time you go outside you don’t have to put a jacket or ski pants on every time which normally takes like five minutes. A lot of sports start in summer like baseball, basketball, soccer, and football. Even though Hockey is my favourite sport and it takes place in the winter. But in the summer you could play road Hockey, or you could just join a spring hockey team.

My favourite part about summer is that there is no school and summer is the best time to play and relax, and most of you probably agree with me.

My second favorite part about Summer is that you get to spend more times with your friends and family like going on family trips or having sleepovers with friends instead of sitting next to your friend in class doing work.

You want to know some other reasons why I like summer better then the other seasons. It is because winter is just freezing cold, and since we live in Canada, winter lasts forever, like 5 months of the year gone.

Don’t even get me started on spring. You can’t go anywhere without getting soaking wet, and half the time we still have snow.

Then there’s fall. It just summer, but with a downgrade. Its gets quite a bit colder. It just hurts my eyes to see the trees with no leaves. And it’s also the time where everything starts to die. But my least favourite part is that school starts.

Even most Americans agree with me that summer is the best season, According to CNN.com, they did a poll in 2020 and 29% said summer was the best season, 27% said fall, 25% said spring, and 19% said winter. In their last poll in 2013, summer and spring were tied at 33%. I know some of you are going to say 29% isn’t that far off from 27% but that’s because they’re closer to the equator so their summer is hotter and longer than ours.

Summer is the best season and there’s no changing my mind as everything is bright, lovely, and coluorful which makes it a sight for a sore eye. Summer also allows us kids to take a break from school and just relax, play, and not worry about homework. Summer is also warm, sunny, and delightful.